I Wish I Knew

I wish I knew everything
Why true love turns out to be false
How brother and sister can hate each other
Why peace isn’t a real term
How people can turn away from the helpless
Why freedom isn’t free
How they take advantage of the giving
Why we hate
How we hate
And then sometimes I wish I knew nothing.

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
True and short. Love the part *why freedom isn't free*, you've got a talent and are using it proper.

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 16, 2013 at 9:24 am :
Thanks for reading and the feedback. :)

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, is was incredible. I loved the ending, it's so true! Sad but true :)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm :
Thanks for reading!!

MorenSore said...
Sad how these things are so true, it sounds like the poem i just submited called " man in Aromor." it should be up in a few days, but not yet.

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:35 pm :
Yeah, it is. Thanks for reading. :)

In_Love_with_Writing said...
very powerful. really good :)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 pm :
Thanks! :D

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this peice! As I was reading I kept thinking, those are really good questions. Asome work!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^__^

Emma-Riley said...
This poem is amazing! It left my wondering why you asked those questions... but at the same time i could sort of relate to what you were saying. it seems to tell an unspoken story (or two) and i love reading poetry that 'speakes'. Good job!!!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:32 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :)

XweienX said...
Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:44 am:
Short, yet bursting with meaning! I especially love these two lines: "Why true love turns out to be false" and "Why freedom isn't free". It would be great if you could write a poem that is full of these meaningful sentences. Keep up the great job!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:15 pm :
Thanks!! Maybe I'll do just that... :)

Kris_10 said...
I really like this! It isnt very specifc, but with poems like this, it needs to be becuase i can hear your voice through it. a good poem leaves you thinking when you walk away from it, and thats exactly what you did! 

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm :
Thank you. :)

ChobaniLuvinPenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great poem! I especially love the irony and sadness of the last line! I just have one suggestion, the last line is longer than the two lines before it, so maybe you can just divide it in half. In other words, shorten the longer lines so that the lengths of every line in the poem are consistent. That would help them flow better. :)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:12 pm :
I see what you mean....thanks for pointing that out. :)

3dancer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a really good poem and has a great message! But if you want to make it better I would try to make it flow more. It's a little choppy. Try to make your poem have a specific beat for like every line. It will make it better over all. =)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:11 pm :
Thanks for the advice!! :)