Pain to Plan to Purpose | Teen Ink

Pain to Plan to Purpose

By ZhaNae BRONZE, Duncanville, Texas
ZhaNae BRONZE, Duncanville, Texas

Hurt people, hurt people.

We tend to comfort our pain by embracing it with our own pity. And with this pity for ourselves, we lose the absolute meaning of life. By this, we learn to process thoughts of depression which takes us in a secluded state of mind. Me being a teenager, you’d question my knowledge based off your own experiences. But experience in pain doesn’t equal knowledge. Some people have been through pain and completely lost their mind. Other people been through pain and is still currently responding with resentment instead of love. My response to pain indeed is a prayer of love. Think about this, love is something we all desire. And because of this unfulfilled desire we hate and hurt. Hurt people, hurt people. And love can be said in a million languages but still have the same meaning. When you learn to love yourself, you can love others. But to love, you have to understand this pain and hurt that we run from. What if life was as a Sun, bright everyday with wonderful feelings, what we know truly what it is to be happy? How can one come to the knowledge of true happiness without the experience of sadness? Embrace your pain and pity from your past with present patience and peace. With this pain that you have learned to embrace with love, create a plan. Never go back to this pain, and learn from your past. Plan to never look, plan to never accept self-pity. Plan your life above success and pleasure. Then you’ll reach purpose by simply trying to fulfill this plan.

I love this work that i wrote simply because it's the cure to teenage pain.

on Jan. 13 2013 at 12:31 am
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Good message! Not sure if it's a poem, though.

3dancer SILVER said...
3dancer SILVER, Windsor, Colorado

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that we never were. But without it we go nowhere!"

This is really true! It's a really good piece! Could you give me some feedback on my poem The Sirens Song?