There Will Come a Day

There will come a day,
when love is practiced more than hate,
when the desire to be with the ones you love will overpower the desire to go against the ones you hate,
and when bearing family and friends close is the most important necessity.

There will come a day,
when war goes on no more,
when fighting is realized to have solved few problems,
and when peace is what every man prays for.

There will come a day,
when every small child has a home,
when they are loved for being different,
and when their life is the most precious part of them.

There will come a day,
when we all realize how important these things are,
when we understand that we are not bettering our world for ourselves, but rather the generations to come,
and most critical,
when you and I stand up and make the change.

In_Love_with_Writing said...
Really nice poem :) Great meaning. Please read, rate, and comment on some of my stories because it means a lot to me :)

TasalynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This has a very beautiful meaning. I've been wanting to write a poem that has a very similar meaning but can't find the right words. I love it :) Please check out some of my work .

ladybugsrock replied...
I definintly will! Thank you! Yes, I've been writing and rewriting this poem many times to find the right words..:) Thanks again!

. said...
This has a beautiful message and very well sculpted. I love it. Please check out some of my poems :)

ladybugsrock replied...
I will thank you! Please continue to read some of my other poems as well! I'll be sure to read yours!