Faulty Cleaning This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I had finally gotten you
Out of my head.
I had finally forgotten
Those soulful black eyes
And soft lips.

With chapped hands,
I had stood proud,
Looking over the polished surface
Of my mind.

I had made sure
There was no speck,
No spot,
No clue that you
Were ever
Here
With me
In my paradise.

Blood, sweat, and tears
Cleaned that damned
Floor.

But it looks like
I missed a spot.

HollywoodHotshot said...
Wow, i can totaly relate to that! That was reLy amazing i loved the last part.

GeekyChic said...
This is really good. I liked how it tod a story:)

Zeeba13 said...
this is amazing! it caught my attention in the title and first paragraph! and the end! I love it :) "I missed a spot." I relate with this so well...

silentvocal said...
My favorite part is the last paragragh-I love that-i think its just enough to stick in the reader's head. It really gets you at the end-its like this sarcastic weight with the last liine-love it!

SKSK1214 said...
wow that really was something. Last cuplet gave me chills. Definitly have things to think about. Great job. Very relatable and insightful. Do keep writing.

emmacxoxoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this legit could have been written about my life...really good job(: look at some of my stuff if you have a chance

KiNABABE said...
i love the metaphor in your poem ; it reminds me of a similar situation that i was once in.

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I wish you could've extended that metaphor more... get down to the grit of things, per say, but nice end line... read some of mine?

manda_the_random_poetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
amazing job love the poem..keep writing..it is very true for most people

Katrina O. said...
this is the kinda stuff i write- LOVE IT!

<3::wish4wings::<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really good:)

YouCanCallMeSarah said...
Very pretty (:

xjustlistenx said...
i went through the same thing keep writing ur waesome

SoccerGrl517 said...
This is nice..I can relate to it and i like it alot.

Writer4life said...
This is so good. kEEP WRITING