I Have Met This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I have met perfection
And she lives behind a graceful veil
That covers her so beautifully
But I have always wondered
How she breaths down there

I have walked beside her
And I have watched her smile
With a charm almost inhuman
But when you peer in closely
You'll notice that it cracks

I have heard the way she speaks
Of the rose-paved path that lays ahead
And she swears she's felt the petals
But when her words come to an end
The air tastes so uncertain

I have seen her laughing
And watched her light up many rooms
With just a spark of her bright eyes
But I've also caught a hint of smoke
And I'm afraid that she's on fire

Yes, I have met perfection
And true, I've seen what she can do
But I would not want to be her
Because what some might call desired
I call tragedy

rachelmuschettThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:50 pm:
Love how at the end of the stanza you have a "but". Love this poem and love your choice of words. 5/5! thanks for sharing such a good poem!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:17 pm :
Thank you so much! It really means a ton to me that you have taken time to comment on my work. :)

AnansesemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 21 at 7:23 pm:
The way you write here sounds so delicate--and you are so good at personification!--unless this is someone you know or have imagined.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 17 at 10:41 am:
This was AWESOME! It is such a creative piece plus all the words fit perfectly..I really like the last stanza ...epic!

Feb. 17 at 11:56 am :
Thank you very much! I appriciate the feedback!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 18 at 11:13 am :
You're Welcome!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15 at 8:41 pm:
This is one of my faves,definitely:) I think you and I have the same style/voice but you communicate your ideas better. You're like me five years from now:) ... Btw your pictures fits the poem perfectly!

Feb. 15 at 9:58 pm :
  Aw, you are so sweet! I can't tell you how much all your comments have meant to me! However, I have read a lot of your stuff, and I certainly do not think that I am any better at communicating my ideas than you are. People are generally their own worst critics. And I’m glad you liked the picture! I noticed that you used it for one of your poems as well. :) (I think you submitted yours before mine, so I guess you win there :P)

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 16 at 11:22 am :
Haha, I guess so.