Introvert

By , Memphis, TN
Standing on the edge of a black hole
prancing on the peripheral
proceeding into the darkness
Balancing, trying not to fall

Invisible breeze swaying these feet
in and out, in and out
tripping, trying not to fall

Into this black hole
that threatens to swallow me up in one gasp
Swathing me in the dark
snipping the veins of declaration

Once before, I had tumbled,
deep into the abysmal hole.
I never hit the bottom, but scraped the edges just enough to feel the pain.

Nails bracing,
toes breaking
struggling only to see those tiny hands
and that sliver of lightt

The light that beacons my exit
Shining so brightly
beautifully burning, beckoning my arrival
to the surface of a spartan well

But now I am here teetering
hoping not to fall again.
These soles are worn and tattered
from this never ending dance.

Screaming to be saved
"save me from this black hole"
Within myself, within myself. On the outs, I am
stumbling, trying not to fall.

Please, into this hole of my mind, I am trying not to fall.

livebeautifulx3 said...
today at 4:41 pm:
This is a beautiful and descriptive poem. I love your use of metaphor :)

thatbloggingDirectionergirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 4 at 2:05 pm:
thanks for the nice feedback guys! I wrote this, but it showed up as anonymous for some reason ?? Please encourage others to read this and vote! tnak you! x

thatbloggingDirectionergirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 4 at 2:06 pm :
*thank you lol

TopaztheArticulateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 2:52 pm :
Sometimes they put stuff as anonymous because of its 'sensitive nature', even if you didn't mark the little "I would like to be anonymous" check mark. As for the poem, very good! Excellent word choice and description. 5/5!

laila_265This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 2 at 1:50 pm:
Wow- amazing! Great details and specifics. I love how at the end the reader finds out that the hole you are afraid to fall in is deeper within yourself. Great job! Keep writing poetry!! 

Becausethesunsup said...
Jan. 1 at 8:34 pm:
This is absolutely wonderful, I can relate to this completely. Your emotion is perfectly conveyed.

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 1 at 6:27 pm:
I can totally relate to this.  I also have a hard time with being introverted.  Nice work on it!

Liquid_Skies said...
Jan. 1 at 5:09 pm:
This is amazing! Great use of words and definitely meaningful. Please keep writing!!

ariel_the_mermaid said...
Jan. 1 at 3:50 pm:
I really liked this, keep up the good work!