Dream Crusher

Crushed my dreams right then and there
Acted as if you didn't care
Said even if I wished upon a star
I still could not go that far

Told me to face reality
But this one little part of me
Still thought I could be

Well, there goes my hopes and dreams
Thrown in the trash along with everything
Say hello to cheeks wet with tears
And give a goodbye to any cheers

I say it's okay, but that's really a lie
A permanent burn lies inside
My heart isn't broken because of a guy
It's because you just ended all my goals in life

But, I want you to know that this poem wasn't written to get back
I just wanted to express that all my dreams are in the past

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 2 at 6:45 pm:
I can really relate to this.  I got told that, too.  But I just learned to keep fighting towards my dreams.  Nice work!  Keep writing!  :)

BrokenBrookeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 2 at 9:23 pm :
Thank you!  :)

chriskabzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 2 at 7:23 am:
to make sure that you are sighted as a fighter i think you should consider listening to 'skyscraper '....but its a touchy poem:)  

Jan. 2 at 12:07 pm :
Ok, thanks.