Mistake

The pictures reflecting my past,
Show joy, pride,
And ignorance.
How did I not see,
Any of this coming?
But I guess it doesn't matter,
I was a child then.
Now I know,
What is real and what is fake.
I will never make the same mistake,
Now if only I knew,
What mistake not to make.

lordfarquad said...
today at 9:19 pm:
LEL HA GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lady_Teribithea said...
I agree with J1029. This is great!

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:17 am:
I love this soo much :) It's really cool! I love the last two lines the most!

Aeliss-Novak-the-Zombie-Space-PirateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a lovely, sad poem. It's well written, and I understand the meaning fully. I can definately relate to this. But, personally, I wouldn't call the naivety and ignorance of childhood a mistake.

KimKendrickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:18 pm :
If it isn't a mistake, what is it?

Aeliss-Novak-the-Zombie-Space-PirateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:18 pm :
"Ignorance is bliss." Childhood wouldn't be nearly as happy and carefree if we'd known everything we know now. We'd grow up too fast and miss out on a lot.