I Don't Understand

I don't understand my society.
Why is sexism and rape amusing?
Pornography is a pastime and sex
is a marketing tool.

But most of all the ideals hurt.
I can't be myself.
I must love women
or they will hurt me.

What I understand is that conformity
is normality. White is right
and thin is in. Gay men are killed
and popularity is currency.

B.C.S.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem is extremely true. That's what i love about poetry. We are always most truthful through it

FearlessAngelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Its too short!!! Sometimes ranting about this stuff is the best way to show passion! I totally agree with this poem and love the progression after the inital bluntness. ^-^ awesome

AnniexxAwesomeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Okay I loved reading this. It's so amazingly written and ugh it's like perfect. If you want you can read some of my stuff which would be cool if you did. I'm definitely gonna read more of your stuff. :DD

MasochistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:24 pm :
Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. I will certainly look at your own work, and invite you to view the rest of mine