Sounds of Our Soul | Teen Ink

Sounds of Our Soul

December 10, 2012
By mcbossy SILVER, West Melbourne, Florida
mcbossy SILVER, West Melbourne, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do what you like, like what you do.


Music is emotion that you can hear.
The type of emotion that you can't place a finger on until it’s matched with a beat or a baseline of instruments. Music evokes inner feelings, inner battles, and inner truths like an erupting volcano, spewing everywhere in neon flashes. Life’s answers are staring you in the eye if you would only look deeper to what the sounds express. Some songs give direct emotions while others are open for you to dissect like a frog. Some songs speak sadness on the surface, but for sadness to be on the surface is too easy for some songs, so they pull the sorrow from your soul as you and the music become one. If you let music in- really let it in- to your soul and spirits, it becomes a rush of vibrations through your veins. If you’re lucky, you’ll find a piece that is so eclectic that it seems the only way for you to enjoy the sound is to drink it. Consume the music and let it seep through your bloodstream. Rhythm is a lava lamp, coming in separate colors and flowing in chunks but all apart of the same system. Once music hits you may feel pain, but it is no longer the pain you knew before. The sound speaks to you as if saying, "I am here, I understand how you feel, do not worry, just feel the music."


The author's comments:
Music has always been a huge aspect of my life but has recently become my favorite way of expression. I expressed my passion for it at my full potential in this piece.