blue on my skin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i touch the pen
to my forearm
and a flower blooms

so blue against
my tan skin
like the dark indigo
of the pristine ocean

next is a word
scrawled handwriting
traced on my ankle
beautiful, meaningless
and empty

she asks me
why do you draw
on your arms
and write such
strange words

and i don't
tell her
that it's better
for the blue
to be on my skin
for the world to see

than inside
some deep emotion
hidden in my heart

DisneyGirl17 said...
yesterday at 9:52 pm:
I found you! Finally! I miss your poems...they're so beautiful..and familiar! 

aladine_98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 4:10 pm :
Yay! You found me! :D Finally! And thanks for that. :) It means a lot.

Josephinecatherine1 said...
Jun. 23 at 4:59 am:
My favourite piece by you, very intriguing and mysterious all at once. 5/5

KatsKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 5 at 11:15 am:
I really like this. It's funny how we barely notice everyday occurrences until someone shows it to us. I'd honestly never thought of this. Really good job.

May 5 at 6:24 pm :
Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed my writing. :) But I'm a little confused... did you mean to comment on my other story? The Meteorite In My Library?

ThatdaydreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2 at 6:16 pm:
This is brilliant! Short yet poignant, very well written:)