Blood On My Soul

I know you haven't been the greatest
I could never even begin
to imagine your life
& i know you've been pained
dealt cards not even meant to ever be played
& it's terrible
the world is terrible
I'm terrible
I know
yet, even though you bleed it all,
there's days that I bleed too
not always
but sometimes
&you take the razor and cut some more
"Look at how terrible I am"
far more terrible than I,
you veil the blood upon my soul
and beg me to save you
so I push back down all that leaps
at the chance to leave me
& I swallow fire meant to burn you
just to save YOU
just to fix YOU
you know not what you do
but I'll stick your stitches and ease your pain
so you can open them again
while I bleed on the inside

BladeBaker said...
i adore this poem! it speaks great heights. ive been in the same shoes. my girlfriends cuts, and so do i so it hurts, alot to read this but it helps at the same time  

love525This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i... i know exactly how u feel...i would write bout hoe hurt i am describe ever night i cried how ive cut deep into my arms...but i wont ill keep all my pain inside me and let my heart finish dying......  

wiesnerloverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
your writing is awesome i like it a lot it brings out how much you realize things. It's great.

. said...
Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:32 am:
I love the unique view point. Usually these poems are from the cutter's perspective. While you hint at your own struggle with it you're focused on the person you desperately want to help. I've been in those shoes. Wonderful progression from beginning to end. Watch out for grammar though. = )

FauxedTeaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:52 am:
This was a great read! I really felt for you, the author. Instead of talking about how selfless you are and how great the world is, bla blah bla, you added a new element. You tell the reader and your friend that you do these things, but they don't repay you. You hurt just as much, if not more than your friend. I love it.