death lives in love

when life turns to dust
the body will rot
with maggots and worms
the soul is no more
the flesh is decaying
and the organs have burst
there is no pain as you're eaten away
for there are no nerves to feel with
although the body is dead and no soul left behind
we live on forever
in the hearts and the minds
of the ones held dearest
they may weep and cry
while our bodies become bones
but we will always be with them
for their hearts are our HOMES

WallFlowerAliceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 8 at 12:08 pm
"Its very beautiful and sad but touching end though." said Alice

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
While the second paragraph is good, the first paragraph doesn't seem all too poetic. Still a good poem, though.

bulby545 replied...
thats how i ment it to be not all poems are poetic  

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
good job! I like it.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dark in a very visual way. I hate envisiong a myriad maggots eating away some corpse. But it's cool in this poem. And your message as well in this poem hopeful in spite of the negativity. The lack os capitalization is something I liked. (I do it too often.) And at the end HOMES in caps demonstrates how important this word is. Well done.

Sbooboo said...
I love you!!!!!!!!!