My father

Why couldn't you be a man
And be what you said
You left when I was 9
As a turtle would do its new born
Why did you do it?
I don't go a day without feeling unwanted
You made my life a living Hell
Now you act you live in Heaven
You try to be God
But act like the Devil
This is my crying, painful heart
Don't step on my hopes, my father
I wish you would have stayed, my father
Your lies won't fill the empty nine years, my father

FauxedTeaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
At some points, I felt it was a little cliche, but you added your own personal element. It really reflects emotions and it is welll written!

crissypenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i love poems and stories that i can relate to i also write bout the things that my father has done and ill put some up soon if you wnna check them out but other wise great job on your poem

remember16This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:05 am:
My father left me when I was eight, and he did horrible things and i feel like this all the time.  everyone says to forgive him and let it go but it hurts so so bad.  Its not as easy as everyone says.  great poem i can relate

KeishaLouise15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yes, its understandable, not having a father or dad...around, mine did something to me that i shall never forgive him for, and he is now in jail, where he belongs! Don't feel alone dear, there are many suffering with you.........

MarieAntoinette2012This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:10 am:
I'm sorry about your father. Mine's never been there for me either. I hope one day your's sees the wrong he's done and tries to help you heal this hurt. It's too late for me and my old man to fix this.

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:23 am:
Great job! I like this very much. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot:) Thanks!