No Sunny Side This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

You ask me how I want
my eggs
I say I want
them home
untouched, unharmed
They hold too much
innocence in their shell of gold
Do not break it!
Do not spill
what He has given.
Just reach out –
Feel the cold?
it is contagious
Do not let it
freeze your heart
(crunch)
No!
do not think you can
(scoop)
separate such
pain!
No, I do not want it –
you have scrambled me already
fried my heart
No
I thought I made it
clear
Sins have no
sunny side

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the April 2013 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

SmKot said...
Good job!! I really love your work! Its such a pleasure to read these poems: You never truly no what is going to happen next! Thank you for the wonderful poem!

ChobaniLuvinPenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:28 pm :
Thank you so much!!! It's my pleasure! And don't worry, the poems will keep coming! ;)

AudrithMcfarland replied...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 pm :
My favorite of your work!

book.junkieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this poem really opened my perspective i shall no longer eat eggs ;)   but on a serious note WELL DONE. you explored a new writing style and claimed it :)

Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:43 am :
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm actually not vegetarian myself :)

Acts1338 said...
That was really awesome. I especially like the end..sins have no sunny side..it was great :)

Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:42 am :
Glad you liked it! I usually try to come up with an interesting phrase and build the poem around it.

Shelby J. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love it! Great concept.

Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm :
Thanks! :)

Hesper0917 said...
Interesting idea! I liked reading your poem.

Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:44 am :
Thanks! I wanted to try out something different! :) Hope it wasn't too confusing!

iam4evermyself replied...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm :
The Poem is intersting, but try next time to add a more sense of imagry 

Hesper0917 replied...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:36 pm :
It wasn't confusing! Do you mind reading mine? I'm new on here. (:

happyrocks said...
I like the use of metaphor to capture a complex idea. Very thought-provoking poem.

Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:44 pm :
Thanks so much for taking the time to read & comment! I enjoy using metaphors in my poems :)