Bare Is the Night

I look up to the Night
And find the Night bare—
Starless, Cloudless, Moonless—
With nothing to wear;

The Night stares down at me
And finds me stripped of
Feeling and Emotion and
Heart and Soul and Love;

“I am acquainted with
The naked Night”—
I am bare of all that’s
Acquainted with Light.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 5:39 pm:
Great use of rhythm, and I love the last verse!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:56 pm :
thank you!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18 at 8:41 pm:
I love the openess of the speaker and the simple bareness this poem invokes. It is as if both the speaker and the night he speaks of have been stripped down to their bones in the most beautiful of ways.

Mar. 19 at 1:49 pm :
I'm so happy for taking the time to read and finding it worthwhile. Thank you. And also, for taking the time to decipher it.

Arayana said...
Mar. 16 at 6:47 pm:
I loved this poem! It flows well and the way you wrote it was amazing

Mar. 17 at 6:03 pm :
Thank you so much for the comment.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 14 at 9:06 pm:
I loooooove this poem! "With nothing to wear"... What an interesting phrase! :)

Mar. 15 at 2:00 pm :
Thank you so much. I love you for loving my poem. P.S. Is that creepy to say? lol

CassieRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing! I'll look at your other works. Please check out mine too

Mar. 18 at 1:37 pm :
Thank you for thinking this poem is amazing.

jetta.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
WOW. This is so beautiful. Wow. Amazing. Great job!!!

Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:18 pm :
Thank yuo for the feedback. I apprecaite the comments. Please somment on my other works. The Darkest Day by the way was lovely.