The Cherry Trees

The cherry trees blush beneath
the sun’s honey hued haze;
they are happy,
dressed with Joy’s morning glory,
touched by God’s Finger.

Beneath the ignorant trees,
I walk with Mom
one last time on this old familiar path
(She has cancer
with two weeks left to live.).

Although the wind blows
and lightly shakes the blushing boughs,
the petals never fall,
while I am overwhelmed
with the thought of loosing her.

We walk away from the cherry trees
imparted with no peace,
unlike the blushing cherry trees,
dressed with Joy’s morning glory,
touched by God’s infinite Finger.

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:15 am:
Really liked this one. The imagery is my favorite part! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 3:21 pm :
The imagery in here is also one of my favorites of any poem I've written. Not my best but memorable, I suppose. Thank you so much.

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23 at 4:19 pm:
aww i like it tis fun and really sad but great

Apr. 24 at 1:37 pm :
Thank you.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 3:08 pm:
  Hmmm.....That one made me reflect...It was definitely beautiful.. the description was done in an ever so lovely faashion. :D The trees, the sun, your mum, the restlessness all went together but maybe you could've made it a bit longer and you know created more coherence... ANd hey it is true?? About your mother????  :(((

Apr. 2 at 3:43 pm :
O my God, thank you for your concern. But everything is koay with my mom. My grandmother did die of cancer. My mom was diagnosed with the same form years later, but she got treated before it developed into anything serious. But thank you for your concern; you're the first to ask me. And thank you for liking this poem.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 3 at 11:24 am :
Well, I'm relieved.... Thank God! Love her well!

Apr. 4 at 2:15 pm :
Thank you! And I will!

Mar. 30 at 3:07 pm:

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22 at 6:20 pm:
I really like the ending....the only thing I would change would be when you inserted the part about your mother having cancer in there, it made it a little tricky to read, They have a spot speacially for stuff like that when subbminting your poems. Overall great poem! You are very talented...keep up the good work

Mar. 28 at 4:14 pm :
Thank you.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21 at 11:42 pm:
Beautiful - I love the repetition of the imagery, and the contrast between the trees and the emotions of the narrator.

Mar. 22 at 12:42 pm :
Thank you so much!

Soccer23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 15 at 6:01 pm:
I abosultly love this. It is not only well written but related to any one who has lost someone due to  some sort of cancer

Mar. 16 at 1:11 pm :
Thank you. It means a lot me for you to say that.