They Don't Care | Teen Ink

They Don't Care

By williamsannette096 SILVER, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
williamsannette096 SILVER, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

"Mistakes are a factor of life. It is the response to the error that counts." Nikki Giovanni
"There is not greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you." Maya Angelou

She's afraid to love, she feels too weak
Heart numb from the previous pain of the previous games putting her to shame
So accompanied by the rain that when it's gone there's more pain
Not feeling worthy enough to witness the sunset or sunrise, so continuously she lives deep inside the truth of her own lies
She lies down and cries hoping for the night skies, staring at the bright moonlight holding her pillow tightly praying to do right but the hurt creeps up from the shadows in the darkness with such strength that she cannot fight not knowing everything will be alright, becoming a little uptight lost within her own mind
In fear of what may come next and what is behind the next door, chills of the past shivering down her spine, she is filled with resentment and hopes for no more
Soul aching, heart so sore, chasing after herself though she is the only one there
She deeply inhales then exhales gasping for more air with her thoughts scattered everywhere
Trapped inside of nowhere, racing herself seeking a finish line until the track disappears
Thinking to herself in her sorrows coming to realize no one else is there, in need of some encouragement to uplift herself but if only someone cared