Rainy Day

As I look outside, the pitter-patter of the
rain beats against the window.
The fresh raindrops splatter against the sidewalk.
When I step outdoors, it smells of wet, earthen soil,
The sky is getting darker,
And heavy, almost as if the gray clouds are
weighing down the sky.
It's spring-time now, and as the snow melts away,
The rain replaces the sights and sounds of winter.
It's still raining outside, and I like that just the way it is.

AbstractFragment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've had that same feel when it comes to rain. I've written a nineteen page poem that in no way or form compares to what you capture here. Good job mate.

mdancer1399 replied...
Wow thanks that means a lot! :) I feel like I'm gaining 'Mahliah poetry fans' haha but what ever shall I call them? Haha I'm gonna check out your work later! Feel free to look at some of my other posted work. Thanks for your feedback! :) I love reading comments! :)

KeishaLouise15 said...
WOW REALLY GOOD

mdancer1399 replied...
Oh my gosh thank you so much! You're the first one to ever comment on some of my work! It means a lot thanks! Check out some of my other work and let me know what you think! I'm posting more later! I appreciate your feedback a lot! Thanks! :)

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great poem! I liked your description of the rain, and how it looked as if the gray clouds "are weighing down the sky". I love rain as well :)

mdancer1399 replied...
Thanks! It means a lot! :) I'm posting more late this work! Check out some of my other work and let me know what you think! I appreciate you comment! It means a lot! I'm about to go check your profile out now, check mine too! Thanks so much! :)