Like Birds

Peace flits above our heads, tantalizing yet elusive,
Like birds we can see but not quite catch hold of.

Once in a wonderful while, someone coaxes a bird to his or her finger,
Sharing peace with the world.

These people are precious miracle-makers,
Because they give Mother Earth a chance to catch her breath.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is positively beautiful! I hate to say that one part stands above another, because the whole piece was well written and fit togeather perfectly, but I loved the bits about the people bringing peace. The last two lines were perfect! I really love this.

ThatGirlWithAVoiceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:57 am:
Perhaps I'm slightly biased towards this peice because I have a deep rooted love for poetry about birds, but I won't dare deny that I loved this. So short yet it said so much. Each stanza capuring a different emotion: wonder, enchantment, peace. It's amazing. Oh and the alliteration in "once in a wonderful while" is just remarkable. Reading this was calming and certainly a welcome break from a hectic day. You're quite talented my dear. 

kirstiecookieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I adore this poem! Not only is it very well worded and spoken, it is an interesting and different view than most everything else I have read on this site. Great poem!!!

jetta.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh. My. Gosh. This is so beautiful. Amazingly beautiful. I LOOOVE the last line... WOW. This is just.. wow. Great job!! I'm reading every single one of your pieces now... haha (: Great job.