Perfect This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Why is it that
you pave
(destroy and
repave)
our roads?
Cannot you see
they are
smooth
perfect
because of
the steps taken upon
them
and autumn leaves and
puppy prints on wet cement
and that crack on the side
of the road
from the time the tree
fell
and nobody
heard it
(as if they ever do)

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really great , deep poem, I completely agree with what you said, people should enjoy little things and see how perfect they are... Our society has created a defined picture of perfection and made unperfection all that does not come into those standards, they made little things so underestimated,    Once again, great poem!!

KylieKollmeier This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this! It's gentle and meaningful and makes me wonder. My favorite is the very end having to do with hearing the tree. Very pretty. :)

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:11 am
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback. I tried experimenting with a different style of poetry than I'm used to, and I was worried that it might be hard to understand. :)

samiasaskia24 replied...
Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:07 am
I really like this one! The most beautiful things are often the broken, life would be borning if everything was the same, and if nothing ever changed! Thank you for this poem!