Headlines of a Ten-Year-Old Gone Missing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Friday
Missing her,
a smiley, freckled girl
with blonde hair, and her dad's eyes
doesn't make it to school.

Saturday
Missing her,
the town comes together
scouring hillsides
searching fields.

Sunday
Missing her,
we pray;
for her and
her family.

Monday
Missing her
light, her laughter,
her goofiness;
she's eerily absent.

Tuesday
Missing her,
they find only bread crumbs,
clues of a child's life:
a lonely back pack, a lost lunch box.

Wednesday
Missing her,
fleeting faith smothers
fragments of hope.
No progress, leads gone dry.

Thursday
Missing her,
for almost a week.
Time is torturous,
ominous, and dark.

Friday
A smiley, freckled girl
with blonde hair, and her dad's eyes
still doesn't make it to school.
missing her.

RomansRevange1 said...
Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:41 am:
it really did happen its about casey anthony

aquinasgentrified This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really powerful.  Kind of laconic, which made it a lot more moving.  Might want to change up some punctuation, more colons and periods, to kind of heighten the really cool staccato thing you've got going on

Dynamo said...
I am twelve and love to write. I learned about this website in school just this morning and instantly I wanted to share my stories and ideas. I am finally in a community where I can relate to people! The ones who are not afraid to contemplate life and share their ideas. The ones who have a passion for learning and take value and meaning out of raw experiences. I am privileged to be part of this website.

Dynamo said...
I am twelve and love to write. I am new to this website, but I want to share my stories and ideas. I am FINIALLY in a community where I can relate to people!

Vallerie13 said...
I like this poem this is good. The writer wrote it well I felt I knew who this girl is.

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really loved this! The poem was really good and I liked the ending change. It made me hopeful, but it was just a rewording :)

WickedWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm :
i felt exactly the same. Thought she was gonna come back :(

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
was this about the girl in colorado? i also like how you split up the stanzas, very creative.

KeishaLouise15 said...
IS.....................Is this....true? :"(

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
it a good poem. the best part about is it a put a face on the missing children of american. 800,000 kids go missing each year, but only a hand few make "news". Often time, people think of those kids as statics, not real children who have a parent want them back.this poem show that and I appluad for using your talent not to write poem yelling about how unafriad world is but by addressing the issue head on  

KiraVogt2896 said...
I really like this! Made me sad! But amazing! :)