Darkest Day This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It was the darkest day
That my eyes have ever witnessed
And probably never will again.
Spinning and spiraling,
The earth still rotated;
Despite being the darkest day,
Indifferently, it still turned
On its spindly, invisible axis,
Naive to everything around it.
It was the darkest day,
Jack Frost was hiding in crevices,
And the snow automatically dropped
From the fat, puffy clouds,
That looked as if they were
Dressed in billowing, gossamer feathers
And that danced and twirled
In the faded, monotonous sky.
It was the darkest day,
But the wet, soggy ground seemed to
Collect each snowflake with a
Satisfying plunk.
And the falling ice became
Tiny, frozen shards of glass
That would pierce your skin
With a sharp quickness
At each tiny movement
That you dared to make
In that stark, stiff, stinging air.
It was the darkest day,
And as I faced the cold window,
It became caked
With a thin haze
From the moistness
Of my breath
And it was all I could do
Not to rub it all away with my fingers
And reveal the snowy world beyond.

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your teacher was very right when rewarding you, congrats, brilliant!! :)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you. (:

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful use of imagery!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! I appreciate your feedback.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:48 am
WOW, the image created in my head was amazing I especially loved the last few lines, though they were simple, they gave me that nice tingly feeling. I like it!  :D I'll read more I think!

Thank you so much! (:

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh You're always welcome!! 

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this was amazing! I like the twist at the end... Congratulations on making it into the magazine, you deserve it!! :)

Thank you SO much! I'm really prou.d. (:

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:31 am
DEFINITELY worthy of the grade :) At first I thought something bad was happening, but it's so good as a descriptive piece.  Your imagery and word choice, again, is astounding.  I just...LOVE IT!!!!!

Jetta_WroteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Gosh, thank you so much. (: I really appreciate your supprot!

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the dynamic magnitude of scope here, its seems so personal because it covers the darkness on a cosmic level, but also at the tips of the fingers. Excellent!

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback, knowing that you're busy. I'll be sure to check out more of your pieces! (:

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very moving. And enticingly beautiful.

jetta.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh my gosh.. Thank you so much. (: I really appreciate it.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how precise you were in choosing your words, the scene they painted is like one you could stare at for hours in a museum and always find something new to look at. Beautiful!

taylor.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! I worked very hard on this poem.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Very moving, I always love the imagery surrounding nature and winter. Your poem showed the more pleasently lethargic, cooly dark side of winter, but it seemed to have the power to make me think of both it's sides. Just reading this makes me long for white fluff dressing the bare trees like in the picture you chose, or to see the almost hypnotic gray of a winter sky that has always alternated between filling me with a comfortable drowsiness or a crazed dezire to get outside and fill... (more »)

Haha, thank you. I can tell you're a writer!!