The Town

Damn this town for what it's done
You can hate a place because of love
I'm not ready to move on; I'm sure I'll never be
It runs so deep within me

Feet walked its every street
Carved characters in wet cement
Adventures and make pretend
Sunsets and sundowns
And best friends

Mischief. So clean, so simple
Friends were friends; crushes crushes
Adoration so genuine
The touch of lips so innocent

Tires roll all its miles
Reckless and fickle
Unappreciative
Conformed conformists
Sheltered, but all knowing
Lost and keep going
Midnight jail breaks
Alcoholic inmates
Drug addiction and soul confliction
Ourselves found in each other
And other times we didn't intend

I look upon it all with euphoric remittance
What an impossible beauty
A beautiful youth
And I walk it
And I drive it
Never did I realize it until I lost it
Never did I find it until it was lost
This town; this damn town
What beauty lies in its memories

The next will live it all
Just as I, but
They shall be the archaeologists
And I the fossil found
My friends and I, memories
Beautifully impossible memories

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23 at 9:06 pm:
I can really relate to this poem! It is soooo good! Keep it up!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 6:37 am:
I can SO relate to this poem, my father being an army doctor and us haivng to  move every two or three years,...this poem is a reminder of all the awful times I had to let go..how those times taught me to let the memories linger lightly just there behind the translucent veil and not to grasp at things with clumsy fingers like a drunk fool.....It is very well written and I love the way every single line connects to to next.. It has conherence... Loved reading this. Maybe you could check ... (more »)

nmk1128This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 28 at 11:25 am :
Thank you for your comment and your time reading this (: and I think I will! I really enjoy and appreciate your feedback btw you're a lot more in depth than most. 

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 29 at 6:10 am :
You see I'm a lot more indepth than most because I choose for others the same that I choose for myself and I'd like others to share their own unique interpretations of my poetry or articles so whenever I read someone else's I try to comment as honestly as possible and explaining everything I felt when I read it. SO You're welcome and waiting for your feedback on my work then... :)))

flannyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 19 at 9:24 am:
I really like how in the beginning you say how sometimes love can make you hate. It immediately makes the reader wonder what the situation is

therabidrabbitThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 13 at 5:39 pm:
I love how fast it is toward the middle - no punctuation blocking the way. the sense it conveys - i definitely think you got your point across! the beginning was a bit confusing though

Jan. 13 at 10:19 pm :
Thanks for your review and I'm really glad you enjoyed it. . At the begining the speaker is reflecting on how he will miss his home town and then each stanza is a phase of childhood and growing up. Hope that clarifies!