A Day in the Life | Teen Ink

A Day in the Life

By Fritz17236 SILVER, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
Fritz17236 SILVER, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania

A Day in the Life:
I sleep in sweet tender warm slumber, soundless soft enveloping embrace
Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring
Cacophony Cascading dissonant screeches raining down the windows of the minds eye, nails across a chalkboard, scraping, hissing, shrieking.
I Wake, comfort violated, warmth of rest chilled to the bones by ice.
Drag these feet for a morning pittance, heavy plows digging into earth, leaving gorges in their trail, enter the digestion hall,
mind weighed by the ball and chain of exhaustion to earth, while psyche torn upward into sky by psychotic stimulant brewed fresh from a bean,
with the hope to be stimulated high enough above to resemble some broken vivaciousness, if only a semblance.
Ring Ring more shrill piercing sends an ice pick into each ear, time for “education”.
Nails and Hammers and Nails and Hammers and Hammers and Nails Driving cold sharp cut steel facts into the mind, erasing
Overwriting the psyche, creative consciousness, stamping in bland, unoriginal, untrue, grey withered s***, expectorate
Spat out from broken faces which choked on the drool dripping from their mentors, who dared to claim any truth in absolute uncertainty--- surely idiotic.

Ring Ring. The bell jerks me along the dull disheveled boulevard, whose cracked, toe smashing path has been cemented by another’s animal impulses to control: for me no choice, no deviance: follow, bend over and be bound, hands tied legs chained eyes blinded, mouth gagged, lest I face punishment—a crime to follow your own path?
No time for such nonsense- Back to the
digestion hall.
Ring Ring.The bell, the goddamned bell. No time to eat; must shovel in buckets of feed, sitting assigned numbers into kennels, rats in the test chambers. Ring Ring .As quick as it begins, so does it end. Leave now or face punishment.
A Brief Interlude to required physical exertion: Perhaps worse mindlessness than before, as a ritualistic head-bashing orgy or perhaps sparkles of escape, maybe a chance to step out of the limbo and see the small peek into the bright light.
Ring. Ring. The day is ended.

hiding under the cloak with night Specks of freedom sneak in, small chips of choice, But what is this rarefied ambrosia?
Sweet nectar and the essence of the universe-free will, uncertain chaotic potential? Pearls to Swine! Wasted away by sad attempts of escape, clawing away from mechanical dynamo, legs broken from the dull lives:
Alcohol, Weed, Acid, Lust and Fucking, Salts, Oxytocin, Lust and Fucking, Weed, Alcohol,
or Gathering as cattle to lose the mind to a crowd: Saddest attempts to escape the truth and untruth of the beautiful chaos of life.
Ring Ring. The bell demandsBack to the kennels.
Wasted, empty, the body is imprisoned in the 8x8 box. The free Spirit Crushed to pieces. Time to sleep now. All is quiet. Except for the constant silent ringing of the drums demanding sleep. Ring Ring.
not even the mind is free.
Ring Ring Ring Ring.
Void dreams, empty harsh sleepless night
Ring ring ring
ended by sharp scrawling. Ring Ring. Back into the grinder. Ring.
Live for The Ringing.
Ring Ring.
Ring...
Ring……
Ring....

Living a life In a boarding school, I can't shake the feeling that my life is out of my control. I must do whatever I'm told, when I'm told. Of course life outside of school perhaps may be similar.