Global Strike against the Restriction of Soles This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Confined in socks,
encased in shoes,
suffocated by boots,
and restrained by high heels.
My feet want to be free,
they want to feel the sand in-between
their toes,
they want to rejoice in the cool water
sloshing around them,
they want to run on grass,
with ultimate speed,
run, to be freed.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:21 pm:
I know your talking about something simple here. This poem is talking about something more deeper than it may seem. It's talking about freedom from oppression. I love it. You demonstrate one thing but in subtle way you talk of something so grand. 5 stars. 

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm:
I really like this! I love walking in bare feet<3 And it was short and sweet. Good job!

Apollo77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:43 pm:
that's a very non-violent dream, go for it  I say. actually it's short and sweet and I like that. great!

prolifepacifist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
YES! YES! I AGREE!  Free the feet! (And the soles)

3dancer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my gosh I love this! I pretty much walk around bare foot all year round even when there's snow on the ground!

half.noteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, I loved this! Our feet should be freed!  \('o')/ Oh, I'm so dramatic. :P But I do like having bare feet. Especially in grass. <3 Fantastic piece. :D

Rolledthestone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:39 pm :
Thx! It's my first submitted piece so I was sorta tentative to see how ppl responded. You've given me hope :'-)