Nature

Golden days
The sun embraces
every part of the
hemisphere,
bringing days filled with
jubilation.
Slender trees
Dance,
Sickly sweet flowers
Shine
A fluorescent glow.
Her warm touch
Lights up children’s faces
As they frolic
In forests
And fields.

At the beach,
The green waves curl
And crash,
Tickling the shore,
Teasing the swimmers.
She entertains the people
And basks in their joy.

Her gentle,
Nourishing,

Tender arms
Stroke the earth
Lovingly,
Creating days of
Merriment
And wonder.
Memories.

Black days
Storms
Her wrath
Is seen,
Heard,
Felt,
By all
As she whips
The land,
The ocean,
The forests,
The people
Mercilessly.

Her screams of rage
Cracks of thunder
Penetrate
The unearthly silence.

Tearing down trees,
Wiping out forests
Full of memories
Where the children once played.

The beach
Is a battlefield.
The gigantic waves
Slam the shore,
Shaking the earth,
Taking everything
Including memories
As they recede.
Leaving devastation
Where the swimmers once were.

The children
Cower
In their homes.
Frightened,
Fruitlessly attempting
To elude
Her greedy clutches
Of destruction.

In her fury,
She casts darkness
Upon the land,
Taking away all light,
And hope,
And love,
Sending humanity
Into the bottomless pit
Of evil,
Trepidation,
Sorrow.

Golden days
Her gentle,
Nourishing embrace
Is a distant memory
As she strikes
Terrifying blows
And heartlessly
Pulverizes
Towns
And souls.
Her breathtaking beauty
Is deceiving.
Her abilities
Are astounding.
How did this
Lethal weapon
Of destruction
Emerge
From that magnificent jewel
She is not what she once was.

OldYoungOne said...
What I feel has already been said.... But in habit of having my voice heard I day too that the imagery was remarkable. It sort of makes me question my own work as a writer but then again I know as an emotional writer you cannot force such pieces to come to together as greatly as this one does.... I applaud you (and envy you as well).

flanny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you so much! :)

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You are so gifted! The picture/ imagery that you provide for the reader honestily is unbeatable. Purely impeccable. I love how drastically the mood changes, as well. You've truly made a treasure with this poem.

Thank you :)

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:36 am
Um.. Wow! Just wow:) comment on mine? I have to say, your imagery is TODIEFOR.

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was really good! Your descriptions are amazing and easily paint the scene for everyone. You are very gifted.

Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:27 am
thank you so much!

RandomPoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I sat here and I read this over and over trying to come up with words to say. I liked it very much it was moving. Also the personification in this peice was protrayed very well when it came giving hurricane Sandy human qualities and emotions. You are a fantastic writer and you did a great job. :)