my dear | Teen Ink

my dear

November 6, 2012
By malya SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
malya SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
7 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
If only. Possibly the two saddest words I know.


My dear, dear daughter, it's been a while. i'm sorry I've waited so long.
I know it's been hard these past couple months, I see how your standing so strong.
I'm writing to tell you I love you, I'm hoping that you can still hear
as I tell you I'm proud of the courage you've shown over this really rough year.
I'm sorry that I still cant visit. I know how you're begging me to.
Though the place where I am is well hidden, I promise I'm still watching you.
I'm laughing with you when you're happy, I'm comforting you when youre scared.
I remember, and hope you do also, all the wonderful times that we shared.
I remember the first time I held you-my beautiful, beautiful girl-
I wanted to laugh, and to dance, and to cry! Iy emotions were all in a whirl.
I love you my daughter, I love you, I love you more than you could guess,
and though I'm not standing beside you, I swear I dont love any less.
My dreams for you are infinite because you're strong enough to get there.
I know just how high and how far you can go! I can see all your strengths from up here!
As a mother I was never perfect, I have made mistakes in my life.
I'm blessing you that you'll do better than me, that you'll make a good mother and wife.
I see in your sleep you're now smiling. I hope that this means you can hear,
as I tell you again, remind you once more, how much I love you, my dear.