Broken No More

I tried filtering the discussion that had just befallen.
From these words my ears were swollen.

I hunted swiftly for the joke
That occurred in the words they spoke.

“We’re not together anymore.” What did that mean?
Separation grabbed hold of others, but not me!

What was going to happen? Where would I go?
I’ll stay right here where I belong in my home.

With Mommy and Daddy by my side,
And no tears being cried.

Was it because of me? Was it my doing?
I’ll seize these words and start chewing.

'til these words are crushed and exist no more.
I’ll demolish this moment of shock and horror.

By no means will this monster be spoken of.
Because this house will be swallowed by love.

I’m hurling the quarrelling in the debris
And removing our peace off the gurney.

The nonsense has touched its length.
I’m rebooting Dad with more strength.

To patch this family and make it right
So we can all sleep sound at night.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:54 am:
I like how you fir in both a sensible message and a rhyme in this poem, that's a talent! :)

NiquelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 2:34 pm:
That is beautiful.

SincerelyManonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8 at 10:16 pm:
Extremely touching and words can't describe my love for this poem. :)

bree_breeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 5 at 1:42 pm:
No reall words can describe how amazing this peice is. The message is what counts.

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 22 at 5:19 pm:
What inspired you to write this? It felt like it was being written from experience, but maybe that was just me..excellent job, though! :D

Court901This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 22 at 7:04 pm :
I have been through two divorces: my mom from my biological father and from my step father. The biggest blow was from my step father. And thanks :)

Jeeves12345This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 10:51 pm:
I love how it rythmes together smoothy like a river.This has given me more ideas for poems. I shall try my best to make a poem to your liking. 

Soccer23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 7:26 pm:
I loved it! Very deep and touching. You are an amazing writer! Continue to writ

iDani-iBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 12:45 am:
- I Liked It ! Very Emotional And Deep .. It Was Kind Of Like Reading A Short Novel For A Second ! It Was Really Good !  - Can You Please Check Out One Of My Poems ?! Please And Thank You :)

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17 at 6:15 pm:
This is really great! I love it! I like the way that some of the stanzas had a little bit of a rhyme to them and others didn't.

Chichot123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17 at 1:39 pm:
Wow, I love it :D. It's touching, it's deep and it's simply amazing. You are very talented, write on :). 

Court901This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16 at 7:18 pm:
Thank you :)

CamillaJ said...
May 16 at 7:14 pm:
Your poems are really sad, but really good.