Check | Teen Ink

Check

By jszabo BRONZE, Davie, Florida
jszabo BRONZE, Davie, Florida

"Smile. Nod. Say something witty before he finds out what an incredible geek you are."
- Hopkins

If I die tomorrow, I could say I am happy to go, exuberant perhaps, that I have gone down my list of bucket theories exactly to get me along the way of the perfect life. Gather up my recollections and look back upon them before any consideration. That is the perfect way to go. But who are those people that came into my life unexpectedly? Why am I not smiling at the good things I remember? What are the things that happened so spontaneously that I almost could not find any explanation? When it is all over, I want to smile because it all happened.
Life is not a checklist.
It is pleasant to realize that an unexpected relationship could turn out to be permanent, or how hopeful it is to do anything you possibly could to fight for your dreams and make something out of nothing. Anything and anywhere in the world could be just one step away, yet we are all just working our way to get there before anyone could steal our step. Or how we learn to appreciate the simple qualities of simple people because their insecurities bring the realization of imperfection; so real and so beautiful. Or when to redeem yourself when taking advice gets complicated, because it never recites if you should stay or if you should you go away.
This doesn’t explain the meaning and purpose of life. Although, I can say life is a temporary madness. Depending on whatever struggles or triumphs life brings, it is what you make of it. It is how you put yourself back together when you fall apart.