Broken Record This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My heart isn't a stereo anymore. It's a broken record;
Playing over and over every song that meant something to this memory I used to call “us.”
With every replay,
the needle scratches my fresh wound,
making it even larger than before. Each sound wave penetrates deeper and deeper into me, puncturing my heart.
Soon, if it keeps going on long enough,
all that will be left is white noise reverberating off the walls of my empty heart,
and I'll fade into the background just like every other heartbroken nobody.

getdude56This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:18 am
This is a fantastic poem/song. I like how the song you listened to helped you write a magnificant piece. You live very close to me? Do I perhaps know you? If so, add me on Facebook: Austin Kelley. I'd enjoy sharing ideas about songs and poems with you.