Looking Glass

They stare me down, eternally,
those clear, innocent blue eyes
like a looking glass.
Such a lie those eyes have told;
pain infliction, words
that meant more
than he may ever realize,
nevertheless care about.
Those eyes, such lies,
penetrate my very soul.
Never revealing any signs
of my torture.

TheCapturedBatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very strong writing! I like that this is a shorter poem. You conveyed so much feeling in just a few words.

colorguardgrlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:28 am
Amazing. Words fail me. Just amazing.

theloverofbooks replied...
Why thank you! :D

jettabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, great job. This is really a well-written poem. I love your use of similes, and overall AMAZING job! 5 stars!

theloverofbooks replied...
Thank you so much! :3 This is basically a first draft, I found it half-finished in my journal from two years ago, and I just recently changed the beginning and completed the poem. I appreciate the feedback! :D

WOW. Just wow. That poem is amazing! You did an amazing job writing this. Tell me, is this a first draft? If so, I applaud you!!!