The Siren’s Song This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The moon glistened on the sandy shore
midnight blue was the sky
waves washed to the banks
rushing out as I walked by

shells shimmered in the moonlight
the night lonely
but warm
my feet wandered the shores
the waves rose
like a billowing cape
only to slide back from the sand
broken and torn

the world fell silent
the wind grew still
a cry
a song
uttered out of the dark
through the shrill night air
I turned, looked but found
no one there

suddenly I felt a presence
somewhere near
I followed the shore
till it came to an end
out on the waves
not far from where I was then

a creature
I hadn't seen before
with a tail of silver
that glowed in the moonlight
with the face of a women
and hair like the snow
a song on her lips
she swayed to and fro

I gasped,
I gawked, standing there
under the radiant moon

A light
A snap
breaking the darkness
shattering her song
into the waters' depths
she was gone

But sometimes when
the moon glistens on the sandy shore
when the sky is midnight
when the waves rise
like a billowing cape
when the world is silent
and the wind is still
the siren sings her song
swaying to and fro
Her song will forever remain
unknown.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 15 at 10:15 pm:
I loved how you wove bits of rhyme in and out of this, you had me hanging on listening for more bits of music in this poem. It was woven as beautifully as the song of the siren herself, and I loved the story of it. This is beautiful! :D

Kris_10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 13 at 6:57 pm:
I love the Picture this peice was able to create in my mind. I felt like I was there with you. really good! :)

3dancerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 14 at 12:27 am :
Thanks Yeah that was my goal.

ZhaNae said...
Jan. 13 at 3:35 pm:
WOW! That was so awesome!!! I love the image you put in my head. Great Work

ChobaniLuvinPenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 13 at 1:01 pm:
Awesome! You give the reader very clear visuals and the poem has a beautiful overall flow! I especially like stanzas 3 and 8, their mystical eerieness appeals to me. :) I am just confused about one thing: some stanzas rhyme, but this is supposed to be a free verse poem.

Jan. 13 at 1:48 pm :
Yeah I know some of the stanzas ryhme. It's supposed to be free verse yes. I just liked using the words that I did the fact that they ended up ryhming is 100% conencedential.

BelieveMyStolenPromiseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 13 at 9:45 am:
I love all the imagery you've used in the poem. It creates a very vivid picture of the setting and gives the poem a professional feel. It is an altogether beautiful poem, and congratulations on getting it in the magazine :)

Jan. 13 at 1:46 pm :
Thank you:) Yeah I'm extremly exited about getting it published in the magazine!

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 12 at 12:35 pm:
That was beautiful.  I could easily imagin the magic in the moment. :)

Jan. 12 at 6:08 pm :
Thank you :) Yeah I think it's one of the best poems I've ever written.

Taty9 said...
Jan. 11 at 11:48 am:
  I love the imagery in this poem, in fact I've favorited it. I also write poems about water, the sea, and sirens. Are you familiar with the jolly sailor bold myth? I include that in my poems. They're currently waiting to be approved, but once they are I think you'll enjoy them.  

Jan. 11 at 1:11 pm :
Yes I've heard about that myth. Thats a great idea to base your poems on it! Yeah I'll look at your poems once they are approved. I really like writing about the ocean and sirens and stuff too. :)

Taty9 said...
Jan. 11 at 11:46 am:

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 6:46 pm:
Great poem! There is however one thing I would change. In the you restated some of the previous features of the night but not all of them. Either restate them all or dont repeat any, at least that's what I think. 

Lily said...
Jan. 10 at 2:34 pm:
This is a great poem!!! <3

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 10 at 1:54 pm:
You could write when you were four? Nah, I started writing poems in grade four. Frankly, i think you can be just as good of a poet if you start later.

Jan. 10 at 2:37 pm :
Yes, thats a good point. No I think I was more like six but I've always loved writing. But your right it dosn't really matter how old you are or when you started. It really dosn't affect weither or not you are a good writer or not. 

anime_lover135 said...
Jan. 9 at 2:14 pm:
you need to flow more like my life is a dream is it real my life is a dream this cant be real i've been writing poems since i was 4 and im 16 now

Jan. 9 at 2:56 pm :
Thanks yeah I see what you mean about making it flow more. Thanks, and yeah I've been writing poems since I was like 3 to and I'm 16 now. 

Lawless-FlameRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9 at 1:52 pm:
This is wonderful but how did you get it in the mag