Strong This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There's this girl, Strong.
She pushes her best smile out
for everyone to see.
Behind it,
a frown,
nobody seems to see.

She's carrying this weight on her shoulders,
somehow goes unnoticed.

Sometimes,
when she's alone,
she breaks.
Snaps like a twig.
When she's done,
she pulls herself together,
pretends everything is okay.

She's the one with the friends.
She laughs a lot,
almost too much.
She still remains hidden,
unseen.
Wishing for someone to notice.

Beauty befriended Strong,
Beauty won't tell anyone her secrets,
let alone her own.

She's the one who fixes everyone's problems.
When all she needs is someone to fix her own.

You can't find Strong in the crowd.
She would like to keep it that way.

You think you know Strong,
you have no idea.

Kris_10 said...
i love this so much! and i can totally relate to it. great job. (: and could you please read/comment on my poem play to win?

TasalynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah, I'll be happy too! Thanks :)

In_Love_with_Writing said...
Awesome poem! Really great message :) Please read, rate, and comment on some of my stories. Puts a smile on my face :) (like the one right there but on a human face)

Haha thanks :)

AbbyJJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Good job! One of my favorite poems I've ever read!

Thank you :) means alot  

Jojo101 said...
I really enjoyed reading about this it was neatly and beautifuly written! You should put another one of  your pieces. I really hope you see the gift that you have!! Possibly one day you should have some of your poems edited and published!! Not joking its that good!!

Haha thank you. It means alot for you to say that ;) when are you putting your peice up?

TheBlackCrow901 said...
I really liked this peice! It was like alot I have previously written but have yet to post.

You should put some up. I kinda want to read them :)

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very attention grabbing and interesting! PLEASE make sure to read my pieces 'Abused' and 'The Watcher', they sort of tell the same message as this piece.

Miss_Lady said...
Beautifully written. I loved the way you talked about her smiling but frowning where no one can see. So wonderfully put. :)

Believe12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you. That really means alot :)