Fears

I shut my eyes, and found myself devoured in my fears. The voices in my head pounded at my skull, so haunting. "Jump, Jump!" oh how the whispers torment me, engulfing me in my own darkness. As I open my eyes, I gasp at the sight of what I see. I discover that I was standing too close to the edge of my life. Was this just a dream, if I jump, would the voices stop? Would I wake, or would I plunge into my own demise? I shut my eyes once again, and back away from the edge, but the haunting voices in my head grow louder and closer. A dark figure appeared in front of me, I knew it was you. Your empty demonic eyes stared into my soul, draining it, leaving nothing but my heart. As you grew closer and closer. I tried pulling away, but your razor-sharp claws penetrated my chest and ripping my still beating heart. You grabbed my throat and pulled me close, murmuring the same word that haunted me, "Jump!" and you tossed me into a dark abyss. It was too late for me; I knew that the brutal game I played was over. I fought to bring peace to myself, but my darkness consumed me. I truly understood that I could never get away from you. It wasn't possible, because the demon was I. But the more and more I tired to escape myself, the more I found myself buried in my own fears.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

jettabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
WOW! You're a great writer. This is beautiful. You're totally giving the concept of fears a whole personality! I'm telling you; every time I hear something about fear now, I'm going to think about this story. GREAT job!   You've got a few grammatical errors, but that's all! (: