Dear Heart

Im writing you to tell you im sorry. Ive neglected you so many times throughout these years. Ive allowed people to take you and treat you anyway they want. I failed in protecting you from harm. You've been broken, healed, broken again, re-healed, and now I feel like you're about to get re-broken. Idont know how many times I can fix you.! Im running out of tape and glue. And when I let you heal yourself it takes too long, and leaves a bunch of ugly scars that I dont want to explain to anyone how they got there. I spend so much time listening to what my head says, that I forget to follow you. Anyway I rebuilt the guards that protect you and put them up. They're solid strong, not coming down for nothing.! ; except for that one special somebody that has it all. I need closure. To be honest, icould really give a crap about love, bt Im in it and dnt want to be. I cant handle it.!! I dont wanna be in love.!! I might have the "mean girl" personality on the outside, but on the inside im soft as a cotton ball. I dont express emotions that I feel deep inside b/c I dont want them taken for weaknesses. Well, long story into a summary: I made a spare key to you(my heart) just incase I come around and decide to give you to someone special. I can lock & unlock you anytime and prevent anything form happenin to you. 
I will forever stay true to you, b/c at the end when I let you get broken or hurt, when I close my eyes and tears run down my face; you're still beating, and you keep a steady beat.