The Sounding Sea

As the sun shone and the waves drew in and out, I walked and walked along the shore against the sounding sea.
Palm trees swayed and the birds sung their usual hum just like the beautiful sea.
The sun went to bed and I danced in my head. Then the moon came out and hovered over us. It’s magnetic glare stared deep into my eyes and hypnotized me.
The stars were like magic and I covered my toes in the golden sand.
As the moon shone and the waves drew in and out and I walked and walked against the sounding sea, my beautiful, wonderful sea.

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, that was pretty good! I, too, felt as if I were walking on the beach. I loved the line where you said 'It's magnetic glare'. I never would've thought to describe the moon as magnetic! Good job.

Plume replied...
Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:16 pm :
thank you so much <3

Matthew17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:08 am:
This is really really good. I was a bit apprehensive at first because the ocean is such a typical poetry topic but you wrote this really well and made me feel as if I was on the beach. Loved this! Keep it up

Plume replied...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:44 pm :
thank you