What Happened To Love? | Teen Ink

What Happened To Love?

By Believer17 SILVER, River Rouge, Michigan
Believer17 SILVER, River Rouge, Michigan

This is a question I have been asking myself for a very long time. It seems like all some people care about is the next person they can get into the bedroom. Even teenagers think like that now a days. What happened to the cute, adorable, heart melting love letters that you used to make us blush? What happened to the love where all that mattered was the fact that you were with the person you want to be with for a long time? What happened to the love where the only thing that matters is the fact that you have this beautiful person staring you in the face every minute of the day. I mean I have to ask myself these questions. What happened to long walks on the beach and moonlight strolls in the night. Interlaced fingers and warm embraces. What happened to feeling safe, knowing that this wonderful person’s heart matches yours? Where you know for a fact that no matter what, the both of you would give your lives for each other. It’s that the best love?
Yes some people say that love doesn’t exist anymore, but honestly I think they are beyond wrong. Love is one of the most beautiful things out here in the world. People may say they don’t want to find love. Of course to me they are lying because I believe everyone wants to find love and everyone wants to give love. It makes us human and as humans we all have hearts and we want to share our hearts with the whole world. Just because you have this so called “Hard Shell,” that doesn’t mean that you don’t have a heart. It means that you haven’t found that person that can break it. Just because you feel like you are misunderstood, that doesn’t mean you can’t find love or love can’t come to you. That means that you haven’t found the one person who can see you beyond what you see yourself.
No matter what you did, what you have done, or what you are doing, love is out there for you. No one is going to be alone. Most importantly is that you have to know how to love yourself and understand who you are as a person before you can love someone else. That real love, that great love that just makes you wake up with a smile on your face is out there. That one person who gives you a reason to wake up in the morning and make it another day when you think there is no reason to is out there. Look in your heart, and be you. Someone will think is good enough and someone will love you in ways that you thought wasn’t possible for you. Believe in your heart and it will come. Know you are special enough to find someone whose heart matches yours.

That real kind of love is out there. All we have to do it wait and it will find us