A Black and White World | Teen Ink

A Black and White World

By Mikky BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Mikky BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska

"You can't get a rainbow, without a little rain."
"I have the substance of things to be hoped for. I have the anticipation of things unseen." -Leif Enger

When I look around all I see people or city lights and landscape. People dark, light, medium toned. People short, tall, blonder, brunette, or ginger. People skinny, obese, thick, or extremely thing. You know, just different. The city lights shine but they're not something that catches my eye. It's interesting to see everything as "different" because the world just seems so bland. I live in a society that wants to change who you are to it's appropriate standards. I live in a society that if your not it, your considered weird or unusual. I live to be the color that stands out in the gray. I live to show that your attributes do not have to be hidden in the darkness that we call night. If you accept me for me, I'll accept you for you. You and I can be a rainbow, while everything or everyone else show as dark shadows. In this society I will not let fear rule over me. In this society I will shine for everyone else to see. In this society I am going to show who I can be. I will wear the word "unique" for eternity.

I was inspired by a normal day, noticing that nothing in my life stands out to me. I just want to show the world who I am.