One, Two, Three | Teen Ink

One, Two, Three

October 3, 2012
By Tara81 BRONZE, Highland Village, Texas
Tara81 BRONZE, Highland Village, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

One

Katie’s dad walks in fuming from his long day at work. She hurriedly walk to her room, Locks the door, Anticipating what may happen. He begins banging on her door. He unlocks it and begins screaming At the top of his lungs. His face is beat red, His veins popping, His eyebrows furrowed. He grabs her by the wrist and Throws her to the floor. Just as she anticipated.

 

Two

Morgan lays in her bed But is woken from the strange noise. She lays their motionless. She is only six and cannot grasp What is happening in the room next door. Yet she is scared. She knows something is not right. All she can do it place her pillow Over the her head and attempt to fall back asleep.

 

Three

Katie’s teacher begins to ask questions. Katie’s arms are spotted in blue and purple And she has indentions on her wrist From the night before. Her teacher knows. She has no one to tell She knows if she does the incidents Will mearily get worse. All she can do is pray. Pray and hope everything turns out alright.

 

Everyone is stuck and doesn’t know what to do But everyone has a problem Everyone is going through something. No one has a perfect life. We must all simply make the best Of what we can And forget the rest. We must be kinder to others than necessary, For everyone is fighting some sort of battle.


The author's comments:

There is no explaining why some people are a certain way. Every single person sees things differently. Like snowflakes, none are the same. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deals with their emotion differently. This poem is a way to see different people’s problems and how they handle them from a unique perspective. Each stanza is a different point of view based off of one big problem which caused a snowball effect.