war identity | Teen Ink

war identity

By kierdawn21 SILVER, Fortworth, Texas
kierdawn21 SILVER, Fortworth, Texas

"you never know how strong you are, untill being strong is the only choice you have"

War.
War is the color of brimstone, all shades of black and grey.
It tastes bitter with a hint of burning fury and hatred.
War smells of copper and metal from bloodshed of soldiers lost.
For fun battle causes chaos and dances in the ashes of fires, leaving a trail of burning embers in its wake.
The possibility of peace and resolution angers him, disgust frames his face just thinking about it.
Sadness overcomes battle with the thought of compassion and understanding.
The sounds of chants and yells of anger and resentment are like music to his ears, making him stronger and happier with every new voice.
War’s worst enemy is forgiveness, and he keeps secret in the gun barrels of young soldiers and in the hearts of those on the field.
War’s greatest ally is resentment, with the two together anyone can fall, prey in the palm of their hands, looking down on those who become weak.
War’s favorite place is in the mind of those who he can manipulate and on the bloody fields of wars past, and wars to come.
His greatest accomplishment is tearing families apart, sacrificing their loved ones to hate, metal bullets and blood stained swords.
His greatest down fall is when war’s soldier puppets learn to forgive and forget, stopping war cold in his tracks.

MissyO said...
on Oct. 5 2012 at 8:36 am
Very moving Kier!  You go girl!