A Bewildered Youth | Teen Ink

A Bewildered Youth

By nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Young are those that are bewildered by their being
Great indeed they who wander without want
Greater in fact, a reality wander back
Bewildered by a life in tact
But perhaps the greatest bewilderment of all is looking back to bewild nothing at all

Find yourself.

on Jan. 28 2013 at 6:44 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

It is short and consise yet comprehsive and that is the beautiul thing about this poem of ours, make s one read it twice and then reflect.. Good job... besides poetry is a collection of metric lines with words so arranged that everyone takes a different meaning from them...

on Jan. 21 2013 at 1:55 am
Karles_Ivy PLATINUM, Sunnyside, Washington

Sometimes the bully isn’t the captain of the cheerleaders or the girl who for some reason has it out for only you; sometimes the worst bully of them all is you.- Karles_Ivy

Really great poem. It really makes you think, and those are some of the best kind. =)

nmk1128 SILVER said...
on Jan. 14 2013 at 7:46 pm
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

I was trying to say that it's a good thing to go out and search without a need, but if in fact a sense of purpose - career, calling, realization - is made in the process that is even greater then experiencing "the search".

on Jan. 14 2013 at 11:05 am
Sparkle1pops PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."
- Oscar Wilde

Great poem. It kind of reminds me of a riddle! The only thing I did not understand was when you said,"Greater in fact a reality wander back". That really didn't make sense to me.