A Bewildered Youth

Young are those that are bewildered by their being
Great indeed they who wander without want
Greater in fact, a reality wander back
Bewildered by a life in tact
But perhaps the greatest bewilderment of all is looking back to bewild nothing at all

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:44 am
It is short and consise yet comprehsive and that is the beautiul thing about this poem of ours, make s one read it twice and then reflect.. Good job... besides poetry is a collection of metric lines with words so arranged that everyone takes a different meaning from them...

Karles_Ivy said...
Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 am
Really great poem. It really makes you think, and those are some of the best kind. =)

Sparkle1pops This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 am
Great poem. It kind of reminds me of a riddle! The only thing I did not understand was when you said,"Greater in fact a reality wander back". That really didn't make sense to me. 

nmk1128 replied...
I was trying to say that it's a good thing to go out and search without a need, but if in fact a sense of purpose - career, calling, realization - is made in the process that is even greater then experiencing "the search".