A Bewildered Youth

Young are those that are bewildered by their being
Great indeed they who wander without want
Greater in fact, a reality wander back
Bewildered by a life in tact
But perhaps the greatest bewilderment of all is looking back to bewild nothing at all

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:44 am:
It is short and consise yet comprehsive and that is the beautiul thing about this poem of ours, make s one read it twice and then reflect.. Good job... besides poetry is a collection of metric lines with words so arranged that everyone takes a different meaning from them...

Karles_Ivy said...
Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 am:
Really great poem. It really makes you think, and those are some of the best kind. =)

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 am:
Great poem. It kind of reminds me of a riddle! The only thing I did not understand was when you said,"Greater in fact a reality wander back". That really didn't make sense to me. 

nmk1128 replied...
Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:46 pm :
I was trying to say that it's a good thing to go out and search without a need, but if in fact a sense of purpose - career, calling, realization - is made in the process that is even greater then experiencing "the search".