My Pain

Each night our eyes would shed a tear
Knowing that she was nowhere near.
Filling our nights full of despair
Yet, she was never there.
The pain stung us each with a prong
Laughing, for with him, she was all night long.
“My children come first” she would always say,
And still with him, she stayed for days.
Hungry, lonely, and story untold,
That’s how my life was at seven years old.
Playing and loving was all on my mind,
And of course my mother, who left us behind.
For she was in love with a man we knew not,
Besides as a cruel person who never got caught.
So each night she went to him and left us alone,
And for his kids, she cared more than her own.
The last time I saw her before I moved to my dad,
Through the tears in her eyes, she looked slightly glad.
I hold back my cry, still to this day
When I think of how she pushed us away.

SkittlezWriter said...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:51 am:
Great Job Girl

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:23 pm:
I love the emotion you instilled in this poem. I felt as though I could see everything going on as I kept on reading. Vividly and emotionally entertaining.

juukatika said...
Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:06 pm:
Awh. D: I'm so sorry

TraceOfSpadesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:09 pm:
The construction and constant rhythmatic approach taken here is done excellently. Great job

AmieeHope-Sierra said...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:31 am:
If I were ever asked what a real writer's work was, I would definetly give them this link.

Armyj13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:37 am:
This poem is very deep. Im not really a free verse writer but this is something that strikes me as a strong poem. Many people don't write about how they feel about things or what goes on in their life. But this poem will help a lot of people relate to you. Good Job!! :)

Scribbleaway. said...
Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:28 am:
Emotional but amazing

HamzawaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I was lost in the emotions of the poem. Great work!

Mr.Poetman said...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:57 am:
WOW!!! that was simply amazing, you told a great story and it flowed great. The decscriptive language makes it feel like it was happening to me, that's my favorite kind of poetry. The kind of poetry that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster

Sabers30 said...
I love this! It's so sad but is written extremly well! It's one of my favorites!

monkeymorganThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:10 pm :
Oh my gosh i love this it was so emotional i just want to cry:( very well written :)