Humiliated

I sit here
Anger pouring out of my face
Tears running down my blood-red face.

I'm squeezing my elbows so tightly
That my arms are white.
My eyes the color of ember.

That memory playing over
And over
And over.

Their laughs
Their remarks
Their fingers pointing directly at me.

If I could relive that moment now
My life could be different.
Very different.

But here I sit
Looking out my window into the world
My life ticking on by.

I think hard about my future-
The life that I want to live
And realize
It is nothing like the humiliation
That I'm feeling right now.

. said...
The poem is fantastic! You should absolutely keep writing! (-:

ladybugsrock replied...
Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:58 pm :
Wow, thank you so much! I will absolutely continue to write! I hope that someday some of my work will recieve one of the top 5 voted on teen ink! That would be so incredible. I just have to keep writing and thanking all of the viewers of my poetry!:) Thanks again!

Padoodallee said...
The idea of this poem is really good! I think it could have been better if you either expanded on it just so more emotion comes out. I like how its depressing until the last stanza and it starts a thought that could end up hopeful. Good job! and please read some of my work too =)

ladybugsrock replied...
Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:14 am :
Thank you so much! I love it when people also give me things to improve on, it helps me a lot! Thanks for commenting, I will be sure to look at your work as well! I've recently submitted some new things, please check them out?:)

remember16 said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 6:31 am:
i really like this poem a lot!!!!, your a really good writer(: could you comment and rate some of my poems; (:

ladybugsrock replied...
Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:12 am :
Wow thank you so much! You are so kind:) Of course I would love to read your poems!:) Im always looking for some good poetry to read! Be sure to check out some of my new work as well!:) Thanks again!

Fortunes-Hidden-From-A-Jade-Dragon said...
I can reall relate to this poem if been in this situation before. So I cna undertsna dhow it feels yet just like in the poem  you get back up and pick up were you left off.

ladybugsrock replied...
Sept. 19, 2012 at 6:47 pm :
Wow! Thank you so much! That is incredible that you were able to relate to it and I hope others feel the same way! I'll be sure to check out your poems and I hope you can check out some others of mine too! Thanks again!

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dark and mysterious...........I like it! Make sure you check out my poem 'Abused', it is actually rather similar to yours.

ladybugsrock replied...
Sept. 19, 2012 at 6:45 pm :
Thank you so much! You are so kind! I will definentaly be checking out your poem and I hope you will look at others of mine too! Thank you sooo much!