Sea of Sorrow | Teen Ink

Sea of Sorrow

By McCauliflower SILVER, Whitinsville, Massachusetts
McCauliflower SILVER, Whitinsville, Massachusetts

“There's nothing fundamentally wrong with people. Given a story to enact that puts them in accord with the world, they will live in accord with the world. But given a story to enact that puts them at odds with the world, as yours does, they will live at odds with the world. Given a story to enact in which they are the lords of the world, they will ACT like lords of the world. And, given a story to enact in which the world is a foe to be conquered, they will conquer it like a foe, and one day, inevitably, their foe will lie bleeding to death at their feet, as the world is now.”

I’m floating in my sea of sorrow,

Waves can take me up high, down low.

Where I will end up in the end,

I will never, ever know.

Sometimes I am knocked unconscious, for awhile,

Crashing waves take me down, down, down.

I awake just before i take my last breath,

I inhale the misty air before I drown, drown, drown…

If only I could land ashore,

Touching stable grounds, on my feet.

But that is too many miles away,

Something my soles will never meet..

I am no longer floating above the water,

My body has reached its last stand.

Please, will someone help?

Please, just reach out to me, grab my hand.

Pull me out of my sea of sorrow,

Up above the sky.

Bring me to a beautiful place,

Where I am flying, so high..

Nobody has reached out to help,

But it is far too late, by now.

I wish I could have saved myself,

If only I knew how..

livisan SILVER said...
on Sep. 19 2012 at 6:42 pm
livisan SILVER, Miami, Florida

Bad spellers Untie!

THIS IS AMAZING I RELATE!

on Sep. 11 2012 at 9:11 pm

Thank you! <333333333 You rock

on Sep. 11 2012 at 2:11 pm
robyn020304 BRONZE, Glassgow, Other

god is the only one that can judge me

each day you get stronger as long as you believe in yourself

This is amazing peom love how you have described it just genuis

on Sep. 9 2012 at 2:08 pm

Thank you! I tend to compare many things to the ocean, including my  ever changing self.

on Sep. 9 2012 at 12:28 pm
ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

That was an exceptionally amazing poem! You picked the best thing to compare life to and I loved reading it! The descriptions were so clear! Please read, rate and comment on my poems too! Thanks!