Still Hunting

In the distance, liquid hits stone and leaps into the depths of it's own memory. Time slows and I become lost in the feathers that slice through the air. Following the rays of light that permeate the canopy above, my thoughts fall to the ground; intertwined with the insects that make earth their home. I find solace in the moist soil, only to be ingested by strong legs and forced to stand with them. My only purpose being to find light and I would no say a word until the oppressive soil releases me from its clutches. Thrusting upward, I reawaken and burst into flames with one breath. But slow falling tears quell my hunger for life and give me the knowledge to continue my quest for light. My soul leaps into the air and soars to the greatest height where it intermingles with the light of the stars. Unsatisfied, my gaze falls upon earth once again, and I plunge back to all I once knew. Rivulets embrace me and I cascade around pebbles until I find myself staring into a mirror. I face a familiar form, taking in each minute detail. I push against; into; through; and I become myself. In the distance, I hear the wind given off as a golden leaf falls into the sun.