Unspoken Forest

The white feathers
cover the ground like a blanket
keeping it sheltered
and hidden.
The setting sun
casts long shadows
over the quiet forest.
Tree limbs grab
at the leaves slowly drifting
to
the
ground.
The wind whispers things
into the peaceful air
carrying messages from place to place
And adding little comments ?that the unspoken forest
doesn’t dare utter

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:05 am:
Great imagery! Amazing work! It would mean a lot if you looked at my work and let me know what you think. Thanks!

thatgirl99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really enjoyed reading this poem.  Beautiful imagery of nature was conveyed through your word choice.  I would appreciate if you could check out some of my work on this site.  Thank you. 

HateKnuckleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:49 am:
Very nice. One of the few times when no rhyming does not hinder what i think about the poem. loved the imagery with the white feathers. Would appreciate it if people would put feedback on my poem Because I'm Dead.

PargaranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great work!! I must agree with Mr. Kuttner, I love the way you wrote this! Made it interesting. :)

Mr. Kuttner said...
Wow!  Those must have been some notes!  I  love what you do with the lines (slowly drifting/to/the/ground; from place to/place).  Powerful imagery; beautiful stuff here!!! And the age old question- "To rhyme or not to rhyme (that is the question)"- Whitman would be proud,as am I!! 

ZeesrockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nice poem, it sounds like the poem is one with nature. It would sound better with rhyming but overall, good work.

encupcake said...
Sept. 8, 2012 at 9:51 am:
Great personification.