Dream of Words | Teen Ink

Dream of Words

By Padoodallee GOLD, Haven, Kansas
Padoodallee GOLD, Haven, Kansas

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." -Michelangelou

i had a dream about words they tumbled together to make a poem ever changing some rhymed with mischievous vigor as their spirit surpassed my smarts i tried to control their intellect but they slipped away to new situations before my brain could believe them the phrases they made had a sense who got away from me always slowing me down but speeding the words up crazy thing i enjoyed the chase searched for something i could use in my own reality but never found an entity who wanted to belong to me this beast who was tame in my psyche never showed me a scrap of something i could keep morphing into impossible structures to confuse me they were beautiful art all their own who never could be remade a poem of a poem whose perfect force has left me with only a memory and unworthy words.

Sometimes words are as untamed as my thoughts.

on May. 29 2013 at 2:40 pm
haley101 DIAMOND, Windsor, Connecticut

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”

― Mary Oliver

definetly ;)  

on May. 27 2013 at 9:26 pm
Padoodallee GOLD, Haven, Kansas

Oh thanks! I like this style too! I'll have to read your poem-to-come! It really is a great way to express yourself huh?

on May. 27 2013 at 7:53 am
haley101 DIAMOND, Windsor, Connecticut

― Mary Oliver

i could go on and on! i love this style of writing, first of all, it's amazing. i've only written one piece like this myself, and they tend to be very raw and viscerally deep. great job with this!! second, i love that you say your dreams and thoughts are untamed. it reminds me of one of the pieces i have yet to submit. :)

on Mar. 20 2013 at 8:52 am
Scribbler-of-Dreams PLATINUM, Brandon, Florida

Love isn't everything we want, but it's everything we need....

Again, I say, AMAZING.

on Jan. 7 2013 at 12:18 am
Padoodallee GOLD, Haven, Kansas

thank you =) and your poems are fantastic! keep it up!

so_joy SILVER said...
on Dec. 10 2012 at 10:12 am
so_joy SILVER, Navesink, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see."

I like your "rant" style of writing. Very well done. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot:) Thanks!