Infinite Likeness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

How strange it is
for words once familiar
to feel strange and taste bitter
on my tongue.

Had I known
it would come to this
I would have savored each syllable,
pausing and smiling
at every vowel,
inflecting so each sound
was sweeter.

What do we say
when words are lost?
Do we gather all
our treasured memories,
special images we've saved,
bundle them in our arms
and hold them closely
as if to say,
“Here I am” ?

What would the sea say,
would she thrash about
and swallow our possessions,
or would she gently come
at our feet, inviting us
to join in her silence,
in our infinite likeness.

Kiyoko This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:12 am:
This is really nicely written. You gave me feedback on one of my poems a while ago, and finally reading your work has been a pleasure. I enjoy some of your phrasing a great deal: "inflecting so each sound was sweeter" just sounds beautiful. The overall feel of the poem was really nice as well. You're a talented writer. 

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 8, 2013 at 4:22 pm :
Wow thank you so much!! :)

bookwormishgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:22 pm:
Your writing... it's hard to understand at first, but I really like it. It's very interesting. I like the way you make me really want to hear more, to understand the whole situation.  

Sept. 8, 2013 at 4:22 pm :
Thanks again!!

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
edit: "How strange it is for words once familiar to feel foreign and taste bitter on my tongue."