Restless

Don't you miss the days
When there was nothing but the weather
To whine about,
Nothing but the weather
To cry about,
Nothing but the weather
Worth dying about?
Not me,
For with a million more things
To sigh about
Come so many more
To smile about.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I absolutely get what you're trying to say...I so miss that plain simple time when surely our effin insane heads didn't feel like they'd explode at the slightest touch.... all the time.,,.. Now is so complex and mostly vexation hangs around whenever you see stuff in the clear light of truth.... It gives me the shivers... This poem is amazing though... The rhyme was AWESOME  :D

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! You have a very writerly way of saying things :)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Really?? I didn't think I did.. wow... You're welcome! It's my genuine pleasure!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
In a way I do miss the "good old days" and yet I'm in love with the present, the now. The rhythm matches the words of poem very well. The theme too isn't difficult to understand.

I think the older I've grown the more complicated my life has become. So many complications bring forth so much pain, and yet there are so many new gems to find among the tear drops. I do miss the simpler times too, but the here and now is all I've got. Thank you for the feedback :D

sakina said...
Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:41 am
Nice lines but what exactly are you talking about?

The poem is about the fact that I would never give up the hardships I've gotten in life because they've made me who I am, and for the most part I like that person. If we never felt pain, we'd never appreciate joy.

KnitsandPurls replied...
I completely got what you are saying. I think everyone can relate to this as they grow up. The repitition is beautiful. I love this poem. --KnitsAndPurls

I'm glad you understand. This really is a poem about change, something I am still learning to deal with. It hurts sometimes, but I would never go back to life before things happened because that has made me who I amand who knows what I would miss out on.

Soccer23 replied...
I understand what you are saying and i believe everyone can relate to this  poem in some way!